Internet Fantasy Fishing Game with REAL Prizes

craigdritchie

We’ve all heard of fantasy sports pools and websites, where you pretend you're the manager, you assemble a team of pro athletes and see how they do over the course of a season. Well now it looks like you can do the same thing in pro fishing.

Fantasy Fishing is a new American website where people can compete for more than $25,000 in cash and prizes, including a top prize of $15,000. You 'play' via 10 tournaments on the the Walmart FLW Tour. At the end of the day, someone takes home a grand prize of $100,000, while the runner-up gets a Ranger Z-520 bass boat with a 250 Merc, a Minn Kota trolling motor and Lowrance electronics, valued at $54,000 (that's all valued in US dollars, by the way. I know currency is at par, but the Ranger costs more than that up here).

Fantasy Fishing is apparently free to play, but if you sign up for something called Player's Advantage you gain access to additional resources and information. The organizer says that those who have Player's Advantage tend to win at a rate of 4-to-1.

I have never played this or participated in it (I'd rather go fish for real), so I can’t really say if it’s good or if it sucks. But if this is your kind of thing, then it might be fun. It would be cool for someone from this board to win it.

It's been running a few years. At it's peak, a couple of years back, top prizes were $100,000 for picking the tournament exacta and $1,000,000, for the top score at season's end.

With the economy's downturn, prizes were downsized.

Edited by bigugli