What's new and where's the sense in it?

Garry2Rs

....or maybe I just spend too much time thinking about the good ole days :lol::lol:

I think we're all guilty of embellishing our memories.

I remember watching a movie with my parents, The Poseidon Adventure. For years it was one of my favourite movies and I recall the family sitting down eating that Jiffy Pop popcorn watching on 25" colour TV... one of those 'big' Electrohome console models.

Years later I was channel flipping and come across the same movie. I probably smiled with fond reflection and watched the movie. About ten minutes later I changed the channel.

My fond memories had nothing to do with the movie, the Jiffy Pop or the Electrohome. It was just a great moment in time that I can look back on but never recreate.

There's nothing wrong with thinking about the good ole days as long as we keep making new memories. And you're doing it with style!

Now ya got me going. I used to have a Zebco spinning reel and a garcia rod.Paid alot back then.39.99 for the reel, and 29.99 for the rod.Back then all i was interested in was how it felt in my hands.Had a tackle box with some rapallas and a few arbogast poppers,a couple of daredevils and a johsons J-plug.Caught all kinds of fish on them.Abot 10 years ago, i figured i'd probably never fish again, so i threw everything away.

Last year when i decided to return to fishing, i was totally shocked at what had happened since i had been gone.

I had never even heard of a fish finder, and baitcasters were for the Pro's. I have 3 rod/reel combos now, carefully chosen to alow me to fish most of the species i want to, along with lures and tackle.I was given a sonar when i got the boat, but i am a technonut,so i went last week and got a new one with GPS.Its hard as heck to know when enough is enough,and i have a hard time not adding something to my tackle box every time i shop.wallbash.gif