Lake Nipissing ice today

Nipfisher

I was on Callander Bay today from 4:30 - 5:30. We brought a 6 x 8 shack out from the landing to in front of Lighthouse Island. We used my 1993 Skandic II 503R and even though it has lots of power, without the studded track we would not have been successful. It was WET. We drilled 2 holes and there is a solid 10" of ice under 5" of water and a 1" crust of ice on top. We pulled the shack until it got stuck in the slush then we blocked it up and left it there. 16' of water. No pictures. I tried with the cell phone but it was too dark. It will be worse tomorrow with the warm temps and rain. By Monday with a high of -7 things should begin to tighten up. I'll be bringing my 8 x 12 shack out at Links Beach on Monday with my sled. Be safe.

Right on. Bring on the frost. Fished the bay this past Wednesday on Temiskaming and the ice was not safe. Drilled 30 holes on 3in and stopped going out at 2in. When I heard the ice start to give away under me and b-lined it back to shore. To heck with that. I'm nuts but not that nuts!!

You were right Wayne.. Shoulda stayed in Toronto LOL.