Strait line Anglers Annual Steelhead Derby

fishdawg

Would like to thank all those you came out for our annual Steelhead derby on the lower Niagara River yesterday.

Despite having to postpone the event for the last two weeks, we had a good turnout of both shore & boat anglers.

we also managed to luck out with the weather & river conditions for this un-predictable time of year. There was approximately 2 feet of visibility, not a breath of wind, and plenty of trout were caught throughout the river by everyone.

My partner & I got a mix of browns & bow's including a kicker for Thom.

fishing013.jpg

fishing012.jpg

It seemed like everyone had a respectable trout to weigh in for themselves. Here's what the top results were

Jay Whitley 11.80

Kim Porier 10.95

Thom Genders 10.90

Denis Kreeze 10.50lbs

Gerald Koestier 9.60

Perry porier 9.20

Paul Castellano 9.20

While not mandatory, live-release is greatly encouraged and many of the fish were put back in the river no worse for wear.

More photos and even a video of the weigh-in should be up soon on the club's website as well @ www.straitlineanglers.com I'd also like to extend an open invite to all to check out our next monthly meeting at our new location, the Grimsby Legion on Tuesday Jan 4, 7pm. We are excited to have Grant McAllister of G2 Angling, ( www.G2Angling.com ) who will give a seminar on Ice Fishing the Bay Of Quinte