Snowblower Question

blaque

I surprised no one has mention Toro snow blowers.......I have had my Toro 724 since 1981....better know as "Big Red".....she handles everything mother nature has throw at us and more....I did have to replace a impeller shaft bearing about 4-5 years ago....but that only cost me $12.00 plus tax....so $25...LOL

I helped a buddy purchase a Yard Machine a few years ago from Sam's Club...I thought they looked cheap....don't know if has given him any problems.

BTW my maintenance on lawn mowers and snow blowers is...check the oil level, fill with gas and let her rip.....never changed oil on any of these machines...you would think they would self destruct but I guess I'm lucky...if it ain't broken I don't mess with them, unlike my truck or boat.

Let snow, let it snow...(I must be letting the weather get to me)

Bob

BillyBob, I mentioned my Toro 521. I just gassed it up, pumped up the tires, pulled the starter cord a couple of times slowly to get things moving, primed and choked her and she started on the first pull. These things are made to be ran hard and with a bit of basic maintenance, will last years and years.

Well it seems I have you all beat.. Bought I 15 yrs ago and still use it a lot. My driveway, Parking spot in street, 3 neighbors side walks plus mine and 1 extra driveway Ready for this ....1964 Viking(yes Eatons Model) single stage 6 hp 26" cut.. Still working well only replaced belts this year on rebuilt carb... Kids now tell me they have me a new one coming ...Electric Start.. seeing as my back & shoulder are getting worse from Pull Starting it.. :whistling:

Edited by Loonietoon

Well it seems I have you all beat.. Bought I 15 yrs ago and still use it a lot. My driveway, Parking spot in street, 3 neighbors side walks plus mine and 1 extra driveway Ready for this ....1964 Viking(yes Eatons Model) single stage 6 hp 26" cut.. Still working well only replaced belts this year on rebuilt carb... Kids now tell me they have me a new one coming ...Electric Start.. seeing as my back & shoulder are getting worse from Pull Starting it.. :whistling:

My old next door neighbour in Scarbourough had one of those, it was a bear to start but it worked. It died a horrendous death in '89 during a heavy snowfall, I was clearing an elderly neighbours driveway when the engine blew, the piston blew a hole through the side of the block and was nowhere to be found.