Mustang Integrity HX 2 piece survival suit opinions

Steel28

After trying few other brands I've decided to get Mustang Integrity HX 2 piece suit (bibs/coat). I know it's a bit expensive but you live once, right? :lol: I'm thinking it will be very comfortable during some mild weather and I like the "no rip" material.

Anyone has this suit? any opinions are appreciated.

Edited by Steel28

After trying few other brands I've decided to get Mustang Integrity HX 2 piece suit (bibs/coat). I know it's a bit expensive but you live once, right? :lol: I'm thinking it will be very comfortable during some mild weather and I like the "no rip" material.

I have the Mustang 2 piece and like it BUT there are two issues, at least that bother me a little that may be bigger issues for you:

1. The jacket is quite bulky and stiff.

2. There is no hood.

The advantage of the two piece for me made me overlook these.......

Edited by John

I have the Mustang 2 piece and like it BUT there are two issues, at least that bother me a little that may be bigger issues for you:

1. The jacket is quite bulky and stiff.

2. There is no hood.

The advantage of the two piece for me made me overlook these.......

Thanks John, I'm going to purchase Mustang hood separately.

After trying few other brands I've decided to get Mustang Integrity HX 2 piece suit (bibs/coat). I know it's a bit expensive but you live once, right? laugh.gif I'm thinking it will be very comfortable during some mild weather and I like the "no rip" material.

I purchased the Integrity HX 1-piece floater suit (MS195 HX) a while ago and it is the best suit you can buy out there in my opinion. I wanted a floater suit that was high-quality and could be used in all weather conditions, including heavy rain. The problem was that I also wanted a 2-piece floater suit.

Be careful, Mustang does NOT make a 2-piece Integrity HX suit. Yes they have an Integrity HX bib pants, but no Integrity HX jacket!...I know, crazy right? I even had to email them as I couldn't believe/understand why they don't have that option. The jacket is the standard Integrity line, not the HX (waterproof) line.

The 1-piece is amazing though, it keeps you perfectly dry and warm in the heaviest rain/nastiest weather you can throw at it.

A big plus for this suit compared to many other brands is the air-soft foam, it is thinner and way more flexible than anything I've seen or used. It's not anywhere near as bulky as the other brands, or cheaper Mustang lines.

at $500 for the Integrity HX suit, it's pricey but is the best suit you can buy if you're planning on fishing in some nasty weather and want to be comfortable and safe. The best way I can describe it is that it's a top of the line gore tex rain suit, with the survival suit guts underneath.

Hope this helps!

Tony

Edited by tonyb

I purchased the Integrity HX 1-piece floater suit (MS195 HX) a while ago and it is the best suit you can buy out there in my opinion. I wanted a floater suit that was high-quality and could be used in all weather conditions, including heavy rain. The problem was that I also wanted a 2-piece floater suit.

Be careful, Mustang does NOT make a 2-piece Integrity HX suit. Yes they have an Integrity HX jacket, but no Integrity HX pants!...I know, crazy right? I even had to email them as I couldn't believe/understand why they don't have that option. The pants are the standard Integrity line, not the HX (waterproof) line.

The 1-piece is amazing though, it keeps you perfectly dry and warm in the heaviest rain/nastiest weather you can throw at it.

A big plus for this suit compared to many other brands is the air-soft foam, it is thinner and way more flexible than anything I've seen or used. It's not anywhere near as bulky as the other brands, or cheaper Mustang lines.

at $500 for the Integrity HX suit, it's pricey but is the best suit you can buy if you're planning on fishing in some nasty weather and want to be comfortable and safe. The best way I can describe it is that it's a top of the line gore tex rain suit, with the survival suit guts underneath.

Hope this helps!

Tony

Thanks for the clarification Tony

Steel28...I wanted the same thing and was astonished that they didn't have the waterproof jacket to go with the bib-pants.

I picked up my 1-piece Integrity HX at BassPro...so they do carry them there and it might be a good idea to try it on, or at least check out how nice the air-soft foam is compared to other brands, it's a noticeable difference.

Happy shopping!

Tony

Steel28...I wanted the same thing and was astonished that they didn't have the waterproof jacket to go with the bib-pants.

I picked up my 1-piece Integrity HX at BassPro...so they do carry them there and it might be a good idea to try it on, or at least check out how nice the air-soft foam is compared to other brands, it's a noticeable difference.

Happy shopping!

Tony

hmm..I might have few hundred BPS points saved up :lol: thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...