the things you learn when fishing is slow

martymonty

I don't ice fish so I am sooooo looking forward to the spring to finally get back to fishing. A few good stories from the heartier of this bunch who do ice fish or go elswhere to fish. The thing that I really enjoy at this time of year is all the awesome tips and help that is put on this board. I think I might have to jot a few down so I don't miss any tips........hats off to those who share there tips and some secrets and I wish you all the best for the upcoming season ( it can't come fast enough for me) :)

I don't ice fish so .........................

Hmmmmmm, I have heard of that affliction, the cure is to try it, :D

It cures cabin fever.

And, I wish you all the best also Marty in your upcoming season, you will probably be offering tips, techniques, and such yourself shortly that some of us will appreciate.

Hmmmmmm, I have heard of that affliction, the cure is to try it, :D

It cures cabin fever.

yah...I was convinced it was a beer drinking sport...but then I caught a fish. I may be hooked now. The last guy I remember snubbing ice fishing and now can't get enough is MuskyBill !

Right on TJSA ... its pretty hard to get cabin fever when you walk (or sled) for miles ... spend the day pokin holes in the ice ... scouting the lake, surveying the shoreline studying the charts ... playing with the electronics ... and ultimately finding where they are hiding and coaxing them into biting .... geesh .. almost sounds like fishin .... the hut is only really useful when you know exactly where they are gonna be and you dont want to be seen out on the ice :)