Crowe lake?

tb4me

So im looking at my regs book and see one of the only places to ice fish for waleye in zone 17 after jan 1st. It just so happens to be im about 10 min from crowe lake! I was wondering if there was a place to rent ice huts on that lake? Also how is the fishing there generally? Walleye closes on monday for the season in zone 17 and im missing it already...I plan to get out one more time for some night eyes this weekend!

Edited by tb4me

You can also Ice fish for walleye on Rice can't you? Haven't read the regs yet.

Roy, you're gonna get the RLTA all wound up. There is no winter walleye season on Rice or any other lake in zone 17 except Scugog and Crowe. Just the panfish are open all year.

There is no ice hut operators there tb4me that I have seen. You are lucky to be so close. One of my favourite lakes.

Thats to bad, One would think that they would take advantage of the exception and run a good business out of there on the ice. Any locals out there want to rent thier hut out for a weekend or 2? :D

I just noticed this a couple of days ago myself doing some poking around into places to go ice fishing. I think I'll have to give it a try myself!

Many years ago i found Bay of Quinte was the best place for walleye through the ice.

Simcoe wasn't bad for walleye by Talbot R. in last week of March, until season closed two weeks early.

Since when is there trout in Crowe lake?

I concur that there are no trout here. I would go as far as to say "since when are there ANY fish in Crowe?"

In recent years the populations have been low apparently due to over fishing according to one local bait guy I spoke to. I have to agree on account of never getting so much as a bite there! I live close too so I go for the adventure and the hopes that maybe one day I might get one.

Good luck!