Musky question

Handlebarz

So as most know I live close to LSC adn fish it alot this year I want to do alot more casting for musky usually casting for them down here is held for fall fishing to most.

My question is to everyone as I want all opinions where would you start with a lake like LSC I know look for structure but would you cast from deep to shallow or park up in the shallow and cast out deep or try and cast across the humps or shallow water into the deep and bring it across the whole spot?

I have a idea what I will be trying at first but would like others ideas of what they would try thanks fer the input.

Mike

I fish Gbay and do a lot of what your talking about all year after spring, sunken islands, shoals, deep weeds etc...

I think you answered your own question. I would do all of that, I usually start in the deeper water and cast towards the shallow and continue to move closer in case the fish are up shallow so you don't spook them away, then once close enough I want to try and get my lure over as much structure as possible on each cast, I don't usually park in the shallow but right on the drop offs, also sometimes I cast around a little out 20 yards off the structure and have seen fish suspending in open water.

When I cast shallow I start reeling fast and slow up the retrieve to drop the lure a little as the water gets deeper and vise-versa when casting to the deep side first start slow and speed up just to sort of follow the contour.

That's what I do, if it's write or wrong I don't know. :lol:

Interesting that fall is considered the time to cast there, because in a lot of bodies of water that's when more people would troll. If casting though, I'd start deep and work your way shallower. As fall progresses, fish may be quite a distance away from that drop off, so don't be afraid to make a cast even "deeper" than where you've parked the boat.