Pigeon Lake, Oct. 23rd

ehg

Was able to get up to Pigeon Lake for a bit of musky fishing on Saturday,

brought up some worms to jig walleyes if needed as well.

It was lookibg like it would be a beautiful fall day with light winds and rain forecasted to hold off until the evening.

Got to the lake and it was like glass. Definite relief from the winds that seemed to be howling in the city here last few weeks.

IMG_0007-9.jpg

At least 75% of the leaves were off the trees but the little bit of orange and yellow left were pretty vivid.

Quit smoking cigarettes about three years ago but found in the fall while fishing really enjoy the Cuban cigars while trolling around this water. I will never smoke a cigarette again and luckily cigars you can't inhale(and are expensive)but they have this time and place.

IMG_0005-15.jpg

A 'culebra'

So we were setup to go to it but Dude says the fishfinder isn't working :mellow:

Not good.

Don't use it to mark fish but really helps find weedlines, open water humps, shoals, depth etc...the batteries are dead. Need to replace two 6 volt batteries on the Hummingbird portable. Oh well, after 15 yrs of using it this is only third time for replacing the batteries.

We trolled for muskies anyways guessing by landmarks were structure might be. Trolled Believers and Jakes hoping for the best for a couple of hours. Nothing happened though.

Gave the musky trolling a rest and jigged for walleye. I remembered the landmarks for a shoal i jigged as a 13 yr. old. Gave it a try and Dude caught a small walleye. We immediately through out a marker and kept jigging around it. This was a hump up to 15' with 35 ft. all around it. Caught litte walleye constantly for a couple of hours.

IMG_0016-5.jpg

IMG_0018-4.jpg

IMG_0024-2.jpg

Even caught a smallie at the bottom of main lake basin.

IMG_0026-1.jpg

IMG_0011-11.jpg

IMG_0021-4.jpg

So no muskies were caught(blame it on lack of depthfinder), but a good day was had and fish were caught still. :Gonefishing:

Ran out of worms just as fish stopped biting, rain was on the setting horizon.

Not a bad day, despite whatever, buddy even figured out how to put 12 ft. tinnie on roof of van without much lifting. Just need four full length swim noodles. :worthy:

Edited by ehg

Nice report - looks like it was a great day of fishing! Is that a treble stinger I see on your jig?

Yes, i put a stinger on these jigs to get the worm stealers.

Usually catch fish on the main jig hook, sometimes the stinger gets them.

Great report and pics Erik :thumbsup_anim:

Sometime it pays off the fall back on plan b.... sounds like fun hooking into them eyes B)

Jacques

Thanks Jacques, when fishing muskies always ready for other fish just in case.

When the light breeze did kick up it was from the east. East wind always slows fishing on this lake,

especially without a depthfinder.

Guest Johnny Bass

Yes, i put a stinger on these jigs to get the worm stealers.

Usually catch fish on the main jig hook, sometimes the stinger gets them.

Thanks Jacques, when fishing muskies always ready for other fish just in case.

When the light breeze did kick up it was from the east. East wind always slows fishing on this lake,

especially without a depthfinder.

Great report. No Musky but at least you got dinner!