Seeking advice for the fall smallie hunt this week end...

PikeMolester

So we've been having trouble this fall hooking up with smallies on St-Francis. I was a scrutineer at the B1 and returned the week end after the tournament to try all the spots the teams brought me to in Cornwall. (and I had 3 very good well known teams who were on fish) We found the exact same spots and tried the exact same methods and baits but I guess the conditions were different cause it hadn't rained like the week before the B1 and water temp was 58 whereas at the B1 it was 62. Most teams went to calmer water and deeper flats in Cornwall. In prefishing nobody was catching anything on the normal fall sand flats.

Now here is our dilemma. We only have a 16 foot Princecraft with 40hp so we can't launch somewhere and access the whole lake or anything. We either are going to launch at Cornwall Island or closer to Raisin River. It was getting warmer so we were planning on going to Raisin and fishing a little bit more shallow compared to Cornwall. We've had better luck at the Bainsville stumps and surrounding area in the past but these last 3-4 days of cold weather and rain is looking identical to that of the week of the B1.

Basically I'd like to get some advice and input on what you would try if you were going this week end. Tubing and dropshotting sand near bainsville/lancaster area in 8-15 fow + 8-15fow stumpfield spinners and weighted senkos n craws/ hitting the back end of islands...or do you think its more likely the cold n rain will drive them to deep 15-30fow rock flats like near Cornwall Island and dragging,drop shot and carolina rigging will have better luck?

I'd do the same things as the successful teams on the B-1 then.

Dunno if you fished with mark Currie at all but you might want to give him a call for some tips.

ps. You may not get too many tips from Leaf fans. :D