mini-report

tapout

Finished my drive from Fort McMurray back to Brampton, via Edmonton last night. Thanks to those who gave me recommendations from my other post a few days agon. Didn't get to stop at the Nipigon river as recommended. After visiting an old friend in Dryden who I haven't seen since we graduated high school and looking at the time I wouldn't make the river before dark. I decided to stop at a little roadside lake south of Dryden called Jackfish Lake. It was about 2:30 when I stopped, and only fished for an hour. I used spoons and white twister tales. I landed two little smallmouth bass about 1.5 - 2 lbs range and one pike about 3 - 4 lbs. The two bass were my first ever smallmouth. Released them both. The pike swallowed the lure deeply and was bleeding alot. Decided to keep this one for the table. Slipped and landed on a rock on my keester. Cell was in my back pocket too. No more screen. First order of business, repair phone. Saw tons of deer, one dead moose, 4 bald eagles and a large tree south of Sudbury cracked off and on fire that looked to have been struck by lightning.

All in all it was a good drive but long. Glad to be back with family again.

Hey Tony hows it going?

Whats the big draw about Fort McMurray these days?

Lots of young and old people heading out there.

Just like a couple years ago,thier were jobs with big pay,but many returned home saying the jobs were not there.

Good to hear from ya newf.