What a perfect day

mercman

Sunshine, lite winds,and only a couple of perch. Use the solunar chart today.It said best between 1.46 and 4.46 pm, and it was bang on.Got a few perch and just before getting off the river the wife said,"I'm in the weeds"

"well bring it in,i'll clean it off" i said.

She was kinda reeling in from behind her, and i saw something just graze the surface of the water.Must be a huge clump of weeds i thought.10 feet from the boat i saw it."Swivel your seat around slowly" i said. She looked as if there was a bear standing behind her."What is it" she asked, eyes wide open. I wasn't sure,so i just told her to hang on while i got the net, and keep bringing her line in slowly.

4 feet from the boat it saw us, and all hell broke loose.It was one of the bigest pike i've seen in a long time.Easily 36-38 inches long and 4 inches between the eyes.It was just following the retrieve back to the boat,no fight,just sliding in on top of the water.I stood up, grabed the folding net and just as i got in position, it came out of the water splashed the two of us, and cut the line like a piece of thread.we were using a small perch spinner with a worm on it with 12LB mono, no steel leader.hell we were perch fishingwallbash.gif

Oh well, the wife was stoked, she got a good look at it before it got away. she wanted to catch it again so i could remove the hook so it ouldnt be hurtw00t.gif I think this will keep her goin to spring.