Back Yard Project - Garden Fence Upgrade - NF

Leecher

Been kind of busy with this project the last couple of weeks and yesterday was a perfect day to continue working at it :) The racks / posts around my garden needed to be taken down and new stuff put in..... the idea was to install the same material all around...... amazing what one can do with a miter saw and strapping (1" x 2"s of spruce) :)

Got 50% done for now and running kind of late in the season, so the other 50% will have to wait til next spring. Started with the tomatoes, I still have to staple plastic mesh around it..... got a small door installed to give me access when it's time to plant or harvest..... notice the hinges and wing nuts.... it opens from the the top :)

DSC04328.jpg

Next, tackled the garlic box..... now this, had to put some thinking into it..... the height of the fence is 36" and somehow need access for planting and harvest so I decided to build small doors that can be removed from the top by sliding them.... suffice to say that I'm real proud of the outcome

DSC04330.jpg

Here it is when all doors are down

DSC04329.jpg

I still got this one to do

DSC04335.jpg

and this one

DSC04336.jpg

But like I said previously, running out of time..... will have to wait until next spring....

The rasberry plants has been cut down to normal heights

DSC04334.jpg

and a couple of pine trees has been trimmed to my likings :)

DSC04331.jpg

DSC04332.jpg

DSC04333.jpg

and so are the flower beds

DSC04337.jpg

Now what would Thanks Giving be without one of these

DSC04338.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

Happy Thanks Giving Everyone :D

Tight Lines

Leechman

*********** UPDATE ***********

Since it was such a nice day today got a coat of stain applied

DSC04339.jpg

DSC04340.jpg

Still got the doors to do

DSC04341.jpg

Leechman

Edited by Leechman

do you have enough projects on the go !! when do you find time to fishhuh.gif

I'm in the same boat as you...cut down the perennials today, cleaned out the garden shed, put the patio furniture away, cleaned up the workshop, trimmed the hedges, and put the rods in the boatclapping.gif

going out for a few hours tomorrow before supper.

do you have enough projects on the go !! when do you find time to fishhuh.gif

I'm in the same boat as you...cut down the perennials today, cleaned out the garden shed, put the patio furniture away, cleaned up the workshop, trimmed the hedges, and put the rods in the boatclapping.gif

going out for a few hours tomorrow before supper.

Not much time to fish right now.... I still have a few more projects but they are mainly indoors :)

Good luck :Gonefishing: tomorrow Paul

Beautiful wood work.

The mesh that you will install - is that to act as a sun house or to keep critters out?

Thanks sleepjigging :thumbsup_anim: The mesh will be to keep critters out :)

Nice work. That gives me ideas for my garden. I was waiting for my blackberries to ripen and just when I figured they'd be ready - gone!!! Some critter had a nice little dessert :rolleyes:

Thanks Joey :thumbsup_anim:

Yeah I know how you feel about the berries.... over here the robins have a feast on the rasberries..... just got to be faster next time ;)