solunar fishing

mercman

I cant remember the name, but i've seen a member mentioning that he fishs using solunar calendars.Any pointers would be appreciated.

It's supposed to be the best time to fish the 2 or 3 days before and after a new and full moon with the new and full moon being the best days.

It doesn't have much to do with "full moon, new moon" etc... but more to do with moon rise and moon set (activity) and that's just a small part of the equation. Get your self a book or two by John Alden Knight before you discount the solunar theories.

It doesn't have much to do with "full moon, new moon" etc... but more to do with moon rise and moon set (activity) and that's just a small part of the equation. Get your self a book or two by John Alden Knight before you discount the solunar theories.

i've been reading alot about it on the net.i guess as i practice, i will get better at it.i didnt do so bad this year fishing. my biggest probelm has been retrieval speed and patienceswhistling.gif patience kinda disappeared when i turned 50dunno.gif

im not used to the speed that baitcasters have when retieveing my bait.i figure if i learn more about habitat, and how the fish are affected by weather and such, that it'll make me a better angler next spring.........can't hurtGonefishing.gif

paul

i wonder if they would have that book at indigo

I've often thought that this would be interesting to investigate scientifically, but the logistics are daunting. Arranging a double-blind test would consume a lot of time and effort.

blink.gif sheesh......maybe i should rethink this idea and put another logistic on the fireangel.png