First Rainbows of the Fall Season

Drock6687

Wtih only a few days remaining in trout season I went to my local trout steam today for one last go with my fly rod and the smaller trout for this year.... caught a the usual dozen baby rainbows and 2 small browns in the morning...the afternoon i decided to go down to the river and go for some resident rainbows and see if they where active yet or if I needed to wait a couple more weeks for them...well hell yes they where active!!! I landed 6 in 2 hours wiht 2 more getting off my line after a little fight. Non of them where huge but still gotta love resident rainbows...bring on the steelhead!!!

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab12/drock6687/IMG00069-20100922-1421.jpg

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab12/drock6687/IMG00071-20100922-1531.jpg

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab12/drock6687/IMG00072-20100922-1540.jpg

After I took a couple pics all of the fish swam away safely and are ready for me to catch them again tomorrow after work :)

Nice fish Drock. Wish I could catch some bows. Hope I will soon.

To be compleatly honest, From where I park i need to walk about 15 minuts through bush to get to the river and the entire time walking there I thought I was waisitng my time and thoguht I would just be getting bass(which i dont like fishing for much at all) but it was a great surprise to see the resident bows are active (really really active). I will be back there for 3 hours of fishing tomorrow night after work :)

To be compleatly honest, From where I park i need to walk about 15 minuts through bush to get to the river and the entire time walking there I thought I was waisitng my time and thoguht I would just be getting bass(which i dont like fishing for much at all) but it was a great surprise to see the resident bows are active (really really active). I will be back there for 3 hours of fishing tomorrow night after work :)

It's worth the effort. Those hard fought battles of getting you and your gear through the bush only to find EXACTLY what you want are very rewarding. I do the same thing, but usually there's a bunch of chub waiting like hungry puppies at the river. haha.

It'll be a nice surprise when you hook into a 10lbs steelhead.

It's worth the effort. Those hard fought battles of getting you and your gear through the bush only to find EXACTLY what you want are very rewarding. I do the same thing, but usually there's a bunch of chub waiting like hungry puppies at the river. haha.

It'll be a nice surprise when you hook into a 10lbs steelhead.

The steelhead cant come in quick enought!!

Im looking out my living room window at the car and theres some front on the windsheild...thats a good sign! I will post how i did tonight after work, this time I cant wait to weed wack through the bush to get to the river :)

The steelhead cant come in quick enought!!

Im looking out my living room window at the car and theres some front on the windsheild...thats a good sign! I will post how i did tonight after work, this time I cant wait to weed wack through the bush to get to the river :)

I've been regularly checking my local river for the steelies too, but so far nothing. I'm new to this area so I've got to put in more work than the average guy. I've learned a lot so far on my own... Sounds like you got a handle on steelie patterns. Good luck out there.

I've been regularly checking my local river for the steelies too, but so far nothing. I'm new to this area so I've got to put in more work than the average guy. I've learned a lot so far on my own... Sounds like you got a handle on steelie patterns. Good luck out there.

Im still really new with steal heading as this is only my 2nd season after them... I do have a great resourse tho! My uncle has been studying all trout for 26 years and he has a answers for any question I ever had so Im learing more in the last year then I did durring college ;)