Small stream brook trout

jjcanoe

Saturday morning Dutchy and myself took the 3 hour drive to our favorite trout stream. We were on the water around 8:30am and right away noticed that the level was up a bit from the springtime but still crystal clear. Dutchy landed the first fish of the day right after I had one spit out my spinner at the last second.

101_0824.jpg

a nice start and we weren't even at the "good" stretch of stream. I got a small one a little bit later on the walk up to our pools. When we did finally up to our hot spots, the fish were definetly NOT biting :(

Nothing at all on the way back to the truck.

After a quick Mayo and butter sandwich with a hint of egg from the local diner/gas bar, we hit another stream, we got into 4 giant chub under the bridge, but no trout, heading down stream I landed another average sized trout from one of the larger pools, we did see a few bigger ones cruising around but the dissappeared quickly.

Off to the honey hole, I got 3 micro trout and then this guy came along

101_0825.jpg

(yes thats the size of the entire pool behind me)

one more smaller trout from that pool that came home since he was bleeding really bad :(

Back up to the truck and off to another spot, in the rain....

all the productive waters where we usually get a few were not producing so we decided to hit another spot where you can stand under a bridge, to keep the rain off. Nothing for about half an hour and as we were deciding to pack things up, (one more cast) This guy decided that he'd seem enough of my panther martin running all over his pool and decided to do something about it

101_0826.jpg

nice big boy to end the day!

jjcanoe