Sept 13

spinnerbaitking

We headed out about 2pm & quit at 5pm kicked my butt again, I had 3 Lmbass 2 on Frogs off of pads & the 17" on a Flip'n Jig, about 4 pm Moe caught the smaller one & about 3 casts later had the 20.5" Smallie both on the swimbait Perch color, Now he's telling every one I make a good Guide oh well

Richard

My link

Hey Joel

The Musky was caught out of a section that has an extended season in it so it's open till Dec 31, so bass, pike, musky & every thing else is open till then or the end of their season, I haven't been in the area at Lake Huron for about 20 years & only in there in the summer then, I knew there was Pike in there & we were definitely targeting them, I know we shouldn't have taken the pictures but we did, we were fishing an area that was 5 to 8 ft deep & a muddy bottom that was full of bait, we caught quite a few pike got bit off by lots & lost more yet on all kinds of lures, we were from the inner bay all the way out to the Bruce A out flow & caught pike, salmon, bass, white bass, carp & maybe shad never seen one of them before & my buddy threw it back before we got a picture, we were there for 9 hours I believe & maybe caught a dozen bass, fished it lots after that & never caught any or few each time.

No excuse but thats it Richard

Musky season is open from 1st Saturday in June till Dec 15th, Bass till Nov 30th & Pike till Dec 31 as long as the river has an Extended Season for Trout & Salmon, we asked years ago before we started fishing for them, there are guys fishing for Bass, Pike & Musky there all fall, there's 8 or 10 guys going down camping this weekend from the area

Richard

Edited by spinnerbaitking

Years ago we looked into fishing the inland lakes & extended season areas, for Bass, Pike & Musky afterTrout was closed Sept 30 & were told that we could do both, I'm sure it's been over 20 years, mostly fishing the lakes but definitely fishing the rivers a bit also, not real keen on being in a Canoe once the water gets to cold, but have used a small aluminum boat when available

Richard

Interesting, I along with everyone I know that fishes the river has always been under the assumption that the season is closed after September 30. If indeed you are correct then the regs are very unclear. I have sent off an E-mail to the MNR and will try and call them at some point next week to get this straightened out! I'm gonna be a little ticked off if I've been missing out on fishing there in the fall for years because of unclear regs......

Cheers,

Josh

I am interested in seeing this ruling too.... till then, i am following the black print in the reg book ;)