Fishing at G Ross Lord Park reservoir?

winterwisp

Hi there,

I'm new here and was just wondering if anyone has tried fishing at G Ross Lord park? There's a reservoir there and I drive by it everyday going to work. If anyone could tell me about it that would be great. I tried googling it and someone said people get mugged out of their gear? Its really close to me and I would love to know if its a safe spot with fish where I could spend a couple hours after work.

Thanks!

Hi there,

I'm new here and was just wondering if anyone has tried fishing at G Ross Lord park? There's a reservoir there and I drive by it everyday going to work. If anyone could tell me about it that would be great. I tried googling it and someone said people get mugged out of their gear? Its really close to me and I would love to know if its a safe spot with fish where I could spend a couple hours after work.

Thanks!

According the the guide for Eating Ontario Sport Fish it contains largemouth bass and rock bass

Yes, they have found a few dead bodies in the park over the years!

Yikes! I guess I shouldn't go there then. It's a pity because its the closest fishing place to me. I have to drive about 45 minutes to guelph lake to fish now.

Log onto the Ministry of Natural Resources and search for Urban Fishing Opportunities in Toronto and Surrounding Area,

That park has seen it's fair share of sirens. I remember when I was in high school some kid my age was beaten to death by other high school kids, and a few bodies have turned up. That being said, I walk my dogs there twice a week and I know for a fact its safe during the day.

I met a guy there who fishes it for carp, he seemed to think it was a great location for them, but I wouldn't know.

On a side note, how about that huge lake they are digging in downsview park, lets hope they stock it with some bass or bows!