Anyone here been to Dog Lake in Missanabie?

10point

I was there five years ago for 3 days, and did not have much luck at all...I would not go back, even had one guide go with me for a day, and still got skunked...However, free lodging would add a whole new wrinkle to it! Your investment is very low, and who knows, may be it was an off year!

Good luck. I hope you have better luck !

Durf.

What time of year are you planning? There are excellent opportunities for most species - walleye/pike/bass/lake trout/perch and whitefish. It definetly pays to have a little knowledge of the lake for more consistent fishing as there is a lot of water spread over many bays channel etc. Dannys bait is a good starting point as he will provide you with some good info.

I fish Dog lake every summer usually the end of July and have great success usually targeting walleye. In addition there are some giant lakers hiding in the deeper areas. If you want some general areas shoot me a pm. IMG_1909.JPGIMG_2723.JPG

What time of year are you planning? There are excellent opportunities for most species - walleye/pike/bass/lake trout/perch and whitefish. It definetly pays to have a little knowledge of the lake for more consistent fishing as there is a lot of water spread over many bays channel etc. Dannys bait is a good starting point as he will provide you with some good info.

I fish Dog lake every summer usually the end of July and have great success usually targeting walleye. In addition there are some giant lakers hiding in the deeper areas. If you want some general areas shoot me a pm. IMG_1909.JPGIMG_2723.JPG

Pm SENT

Fished near Dog Lake for a week last year and this one. Mainly spent our days on back lakes and the 2 smaller lakes at the south-west end.. Murray Lake and McMurty Lake I think they are called? We only targetted pike, bass and some pickerel, and did alright. We enjoyed the back lakes most. If you have a chance to fish any, do it, no matter how small they are. The one tiny lake produced some nice size pike, biggest at 14lbs.

Lots of water to cover, lots of exploring. Free lodging can't go wrong...