A visit to a Pourvoirie

BassMan11

So this is my 2nd attempt at putting together an annual fishing trip with a few of my good buddies from the Ottawa area. I know that Ontario has a lot to offer fishing wise but the price, fishing, and location on the Quebec side looked to good to not to try it out. Last Year I had tried to set up one of these fishing trips but we ended up in a spot more like Muskoka, which is an awesome place but just not what I was looking for. Something just a little more rustic and in the middle of nowhere is what I was looking for.

We started out at 7 for our 4 hour trip to the Town of Saint-Michel-Des-Saints which is North east of Montreal. Myself and two other buddies had my truck loaded up and were on the road with anticipation for what type of place we were going to get into. We made it into town at about 11 and check in to the Pourvoirie. Upon arrival the people from the check in give you a map with directions to the cabin you are staying at. We hit the road towards the cabin and as soon as we jump onto roads of this kind... i knew it was exactly what I was looking for :

005erl.jpg

006vp.jpg

There was some awesome views on the long road in...

082xi.jpg

007mt.jpg

After about 45min on the dirt road (which only got better on the way in) We get to our destination..... And let me tell ya she was a beauty

009mk.jpg

This was exactly what I was looking for. Build in the 1930's, she was still holding up fairly well.

012za.jpg

No electricity, it had solar power, propane fridge and lights, a wood stove, and a cook stove which I couldnt wait to use for all of our meals. The Cabin came with an endless supply of wood, and 2 boats which we brough our own Motors for. There were only 2 other camps on the lake and only saw people 1 of the 4 days we were there.

After getting all settled in.... rods rigged and a cooler packed for the boat we headed down to the dock and were ready for what the Lake had to offer.

008bi.jpg

The fishing wasnt as crazy as i thought it might be and we worked hard for a few hours learning the lake until we got into a few smaller smallmouth.

017nwg.jpg

018qzy.jpg

023zl.jpg

I had on my Zara spook puppy later in the evening and i was getting explosion after explosion on it but no hook-ups. I watched one small bass leap out of the water 5 times in a row but just couldnt seem to take the lure under. Finally my buddy Fitz hooks into a decent 17" which was the caped off the night.. fishing wise that is.

022pr.jpg

The next day I was up bright and early with my one friend not close behind. I didnt want to wait to long and miss to much of the morning bite so out went just the two of us. On the agenda today was getting into some decent size pike, which is what the lake had most of. The lake was glass and had some awesome views with crazy reflections off the water.

025eiw.jpg

The Lake was very strange to me.... not a lot of weed beds, but very deep and very sandy... I was not really sure where to look for the fish, I was a little out of my element. So i put on the williams and started to troll. About 5 mins in i get a good tug on the line... FISH ON! I fought it for about 10min before she even came up and when she did OH BABY it was a good one. We get her right to the boat.... probably about a 38-40 incher....... then... she spits the hook. I was devistated... biggest pike i had ever had on. We continued to troll until it was time to go back to the cabin to meet the other 3 guys that were on the way up.

Finally once everyone arrived it was back out on the water. Finally my boat got into some fish.

78278096.png

A few pike this big and a couple smaller........ then I land my best fish of the weekend.

032ft.jpg

All in all it was a good day and all the boys met back at Camp with some fish to clean for sunday nights Fish fry

96051175.jpg

The next day it was up early again but before we headed out we sat down to a good breaky on the cookstove

042on.jpg

045oa.jpg

83545500.jpg

For today we had booked a boat on another lake that was about 10km down the road on a small lake that was stocked with spec's. We jumped at the chance to fish the lake and we headed out right after breakfast. The road in was even better then the one to the cottage.

046hl.jpg

047bm.jpg

Finally we got to the 100 meter walk into the bush down to the lake.... wasn't to bad of a trek down to the water even with the 8 horse merc.

049on.jpg

The weather was a bit crappy with a light rain all day. But it was all worth it for this lake. Once we got into the boat and set up we set out and tried to figure out the fish.... once we did it was crazy. We caught about 50 fish in an hour and a half. Well worth the soaking wet and the trek in... here are some pics...

57765392.jpg

30972536.jpg

052g.jpg

055o.jpg

The action was so crazy i didnt take a lot of pictures... on the way out i set up the camera and took a picture of the 3 of us and our limit.

060jv.jpg

We headed back to camp and had a bit of fish cleaning to do for the fish fry.

061jd.jpg

063ayr.jpg

Later on in the evening we had both the propane and cook stove going to prepare the feast for the camp.

067enp.jpg

068p.jpg

It was a little damp in the cabin so of course we had the wood stove burning hot.

065fs.jpg

And of course a few drinks were in order...

35764821.jpg

The next morning was not a very early start and we had just enough time to get the cabin cleaned out and get all packed up for the long road home.

The 2nd annual fishing trip was a success....... until next year.

080s.jpg

BassMan,

sorry for any spelling mistakes or poor grammar... this took a lot long then i thought.