vaccum sealers

walleyejack

Not sure if anyone has an idea about vaccum sealers,saw something on here last week about Rival at ctc,did some research and thought they might not be so good,checked out Food Saver, few different models,Wallyworld has some for 159 read reviews on that some loved it some said they were junk,looking to purchase one,if anyone has any ideas on a particular brand good or bad i would appreciates your input.

Thanks Al

what model did you get Billy ?

there are about 4 or 5 different ones i have seen

There are MANY different models of the "FoodSaver". The one I have has been flawless for about 3 years now.....but remember the bags are a bit pricey.....I found I can purchase and save money on the bags using Ebay.

Bob

Definitely recommend the Foodsaver brand, I don't know if there is a mechanical difference from one model to another, I just have the $100 version available at sears, zellers and such. It is fantastic for keeping bulk purchases fresh, and especially for transporting fish home from a road trip.

The bags are cheapest at Costco (if you know someone with a membership) A box of 4 large and 2 small width rolls is about $35. The best I have found at other retailers is $20 for 2 large rolls.

Cheers

jamie

Definitely recommend the Foodsaver brand, I don't know if there is a mechanical difference from one model to another, I just have the $100 version available at sears, zellers and such. It is fantastic for keeping bulk purchases fresh, and especially for transporting fish home from a road trip.

The bags are cheapest at Costco (if you know someone with a membership) A box of 4 large and 2 small width rolls is about $35. The best I have found at other retailers is $20 for 2 large rolls.

Cheers

jamie

grab the flyer when you go into Costco, often they'ii have them for $10 off the 4 roll deal, stock up then. :santa: