Aug 27 PM - Blue Zone action

icefisherman

Well got tired of waiting for the Ontario wind to ever go down so took my chances this afternoon and headed to the BZ.

The usual team was ready for action (well after their 2 hours sleep in the boat that is;-) :D

They did miss some of the action again...and my best ever King...who said there are no big Kings in the BZ???

This one stopped my Berkley scale at 33.5 Lbs....it was quite dark...got few more smaller Kings and bunch of Bows biggest one 14 Lbs.

Fishing the BZ today was tricky though, not the way I did it numerous times last year...water was like tea pot....74 degrees on the surface and 69 degrees 90 feet down....found the only spot on the lake though ;D that had 56 degrees 80 feet down and fished and fished it and fished it some more....10 for 12 for the 3 hours we were there....let the bigger ones go get bigger and kept few for the neighbors...

Spoons and Atomik flies did the trick with the flies getting the bigger fish....got a big mess while fighting the big King as waves were quite large pounding me hard and with no one to help steer the boat....well lets just say I've lost some Power Pro and I've had to cut half of my leadcore (and stopped using it after that)...

Didn't have who to take a picture of me with the big hog, so I took few while fish was in the net...in fact it never left the net until released...had to weight it above the net too....wanted to keep it as lively as possible as it took me more than 20 min to get it in the net...

Anyhow....no ticket for the derby so probably missed few coins but oh well...will buy a ticket next year 8-) :o

Here are few Blackberry shots I managed to do despite the not so easy fishing conditions ;)

Hope this board works better with Photobucket this time....

Here is the big guy first:

IMG00036-20100827-1518.jpg

IMG00037-20100827-1518.jpg

IMG00038-20100827-1519.jpg

The big bow:

IMG00041-20100827-1631.jpg

The rest of my team getting ready for the action: :D

IMG00040-20100827-1526.jpg

And the ones that made it home:

IMG00042-20100827-2103.jpg

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Good going Emil.I gotta get out sometime and try that just once,love the colors on those fish. But I have to tell you I would be firing the crew you got there. That's 2 posts in a row where you showed them sleeping on the job. :whistling:

Thx for sharing.

Edited by crappieperchhunter