Marshmellows

fishinguypat

Guest gbfisher

We used to joke about shmellows with our BC friends. I wish I still had the pictures of the fish with the shmellows right down their gullet. Our BC friends started using them as well. They liked the stay puff shmellows the best.

ah shmellows. :worthy:

ps....if yer foul hooking fish you aint fishing right. Nothing to do with the shmellows dude man.

Edited by gbfisher

We used to joke about shmellows with our BC friends. I wish I still had the pictures of the fish with the shmellows right down their gullet. Our BC friends started using them as well. They liked the stay puff shmellows the best.

ah shmellows. :worthy:

ps....if yer foul hooking fish you aint fishing right. Nothing to do with the shmellows dude man.

I said accidental foul hooking fish you know how it is with the salmon

Guest gbfisher

I said accidental foul hooking fish you know how it is with the salmon

I know about Salmon but not sure about foul hooking them with shmellows.I'm sure you could easily do it with a treble hook. Hows the saying go?."When I fish chinook I use trble hook." No need for shmellows.

I take it you do not catch very many salmon with shmellows by saying that the fish were foul hooked?

If yer doing it consistently as one would assume by what you've said. Again, more than a couple or consistently hooking fish means you are not fishing with the proper set up.

Edited by gbfisher

I know about Salmon but not sure about foul hooking them with shmellows.I'm sure you could easily do it with a treble hook. Hows the saying go?."When I fish chinook I use trble hook." No need for shmellows.

I take it you do not catch very many salmon with shmellows by saying that the fish were foul hooked?

If yer doing it consistently as one would assume by what you've said. Again, more than a couple or consistently hooking fish means you are not fishing with the proper set up.

what is the proper rig with these then?unsure.gif

we use marshmellow with spawn we tie it in with the spawn and make loonie sized spawn bags and fish with them off the peirs. the only problem is you cant make to many at a time due to they get soggy and will not keep your bag off the bottom ..