Lake Scugog

shimano25

hey defenetly a fan of Scugog. and well fish it ALOT. as for shore fishing it can be pretty crowded. your best bet would be to rent a boat. or fight the crowd along the southern shore lines (PortPerry/Ceserea) and other then public boat launches there isnt much for shore fishing.

though keep in mind the lake is VERY weedy.

One place I have occasionally gone is Bruce Road, east off County Road 2 just south of Seagrave. It is actually on the Nonquon River, not Lake Scogog, but the fishing in the river can be pretty good. You will usually have it to yourself, and you can easily launch a canoe from there if you have one. Unfortunately it is also a place where 'bad' shore fishermen go, the sort who leave garbage all over the place. Please take some bags and try to take out more than you took in. Haven't been there in years myself so if you try it let me know how it goes.

One place I have occasionally gone is Bruce Road, east off County Road 2 just south of Seagrave. It is actually on the Nonquon River, not Lake Scogog, but the fishing in the river can be pretty good. You will usually have it to yourself, and you can easily launch a canoe from there if you have one. Unfortunately it is also a place where 'bad' shore fishermen go, the sort who leave garbage all over the place. Please take some bags and try to take out more than you took in. Haven't been there in years myself so if you try it let me know how it goes.

Iv been there over the years. its normally good for one or 2 bass. and well a bunch of panfish. there is still a little garbage there but last time i went I put up a garbage bag.. who knows if its still there or not