Diawa mega force reels with twitchin bar

Hey Fisher people I bought 1 of these megaforce reels and for $69 for a decent quality baitcaster I thought it was a good deal until after less than 1 full season later the twichin bar seized right up reel wouldn't do anything so I figured since I used this bar mabye once for 30 seconds I would just see if I could disable or remove it .Well it took me mabye 20 mins to pull it apart and yank the gear for the twichin bar and re-assemble the reel works perfectly without the gear for the bar and the trigger for it stays out of the way . just thought I would share this incase others have these reels and don't want the hassle of sending it away for repair I know 2 guys that have seized reels that I will prolly fix for them.Hope this helps someone out.BTW I bought this reel for a spare and ended up using it a lot.

Edited by SRT8

The Megaforce was my 1st baitcast reel. Never had any problems with it, owned it for 3yrs before selling it.

You must have got a "good" one then LOL I'm pretty sure these were just dirt or debris of some sort made it's way into the twitching bar mechanism and was binding the shaft it sits on causing it to lock down but it works way better without the bar working it was always a noisey reel from the first time I used it and it's quiet now and cast further with tighter spool tension I am using it on my frog rod for now until I can replace it with a curado or a core .

I bought 3 when they first came out for field test reasons. I worked them hard and never had a problem with any of them.

Don't get me wrong I'm not bashin these reels they are great for the price and are even better after you remove the twitching bar I had it out in the driveway today and was flippin into the neighbors flower beds LOL.