Stacking baits - Downrigging

The Birdfish

thoought I would run a new thread for the specific question.

Hey fellas

Looking for some advice on how to stack while down rigging.

I want to run 2 lines or even 3 if possible off on downrigger, what are your suggestions on how to do this, I have seen a few differnt ways but looking for the best.

I will problably have the cannonball at 100ft or so and wanted to run a bait at around 60ft.

Thanks

I want to run a second rod on the cable

Fishing God in the picture it has 2 releases, is that to run 2 lines and attach the clip to the cable??

Shucks, nobody actually ever called me a "Fishing God", but I'm good with it. :D

It's a stacking release for a second rod, the snap closure goes on the rigger cable, with one clip on the cable to keep it at the desired depth and the clip on the fishing line. Can be set anywhere on the rigger cable.

Here's another style I use that can work anywhere on the rigger cable.

Scotty stacker release

1041b.gif

Im an old guy I remember just going to grand and toy and buying a big box of elastic bands , you could buy them in different test strengths like fishing line 6 pound was what we used and if we did use "releases " they were alligator clips with a shower current ring and tubeing on the jaws , RELEASES , WE DIDNT NEED NO STINKING RELEASES ,lol .