grand river report

Drock6687

So i live in cambridge and have never had any luck in the grand and had totally given up on that river for fishing. I talked to my uncle and he told me aobut a spot about 25mins from where i live that he use to fish when he was a kid 20 years a go... I didnt really want to go cause i didnt really like the grand except for one spot where i fish for steelhead.

After about 15 mins of fishing i hooked into something that started riping my line off the real and jumping out of the water. I was shocked when i got it to see the biggest small mouth that i have ever caught in my life. I fished for about 2 more hours catching about another half dozen smallies averaging about 2lbs...

The only bad thing was that i lost my fishing lience in the river...Cant wait to go back tomorrow :)

http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab12/drock6687/IMG00081-20100810-1856.jpg

great fishin if you know where to go. Hint - if ou see alot of people there - it won't hold the biggies.biggrin.gif

In about 2 hours there last night and 2.5 tongith i didnt see anohter person...only problem is i was sweating my you know what off in the waders which i need inoder to get to that spot lol

The only bad thing was that i lost my fishing lience in the river...Cant wait to go back tomorrow :)

God I love River Bass - They peel line and they look great - Nice fish Drock!

I trust you went and bought a new license before going out tonight ;)

AND, be sure to check your regs before fishing the Grand - there are many fish sanctuaries at varying times of the year, and many areas that are strictly single-barbless, no live bait, catch and release.

If it was up to me, I'd leave the whole river Catch & Release, save for around the bridges for the white-bucket brigade.