Red Cedar Lake

Steve_R

Mountain Home Lodge has new owners this year or last so can't speak to their business manners. The place was good (nice cottage) when a friend stayed there some 10 years ago. I'll be on the south end of the lake from the 20th to the 30th of August.

Mountain Home Lodge has new owners this year or last so can't speak to their business manners. The place was good (nice cottage) when a friend stayed there some 10 years ago. I'll be on the south end of the lake from the 20th to the 30th of August.

I was told theres not many cottages on the Lake...l know theres alot of Bass in the lake from what l could tell but hows the walleye and pike fishing? we will be up there from 21 to the 28th. Never fished that lake before is it a hard lake to fish? dont even know where to start..lol you will have to come over for a cold one.... :thumbsup_anim:

Tell me what you're driving, boat wise, so I'll recognize you. I'll be in the white Ranger.

We just rented a boat...theres 3 of us you wont miss us..lol l will keep my eyes open for you Gerry..you can give me some pointers about the lake. You know what its like to fish a new lake.. :blahblah1:

Been to Red Cedar many times, but never in the late summer. My buddies and I have have a book full of memories from this lake. The bass fishing is good and there are some pigs to be had. There are tonnes of pike in the usual hammer handle size but two of the biggest pike I've ever seen have been out of this lake.

Wallies have always been hit or miss for us but thats not to suprizing as we never really fish for them except for at Red Cedar. Saying that though we have had good and bad years. There is also many,many good sized perch if your looking for food fish. Not sure how the worms in them will be at this time of year though.

Can't really tell you where to fish as I've never been there this late but good luck and watch out for floating logs if theres a storm!

Been to Red Cedar many times, but never in the late summer. My buddies and I have have a book full of memories from this lake. The bass fishing is good and there are some pigs to be had. There are tonnes of pike in the usual hammer handle size but two of the biggest pike I've ever seen have been out of this lake.

Wallies have always been hit or miss for us but thats not to suprizing as we never really fish for them except for at Red Cedar. Saying that though we have had good and bad years. There is also many,many good sized perch if your looking for food fish. Not sure how the worms in them will be at this time of year though.

Can't really tell you where to fish as I've never been there this late but good luck and watch out for floating logs if theres a storm!

Thanks bridge will the that in mind.... :clapping:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I will be at Red Cedar Lake Camp starting August 28. Gerry, where do you stay at? Do you have a cottage? Keep an eye out for a blue metallic Triton Walleye boat, that will be me. I am hoping the 3 feet down does not cause too many problems. I remember some areas out to the fishing grounds are only 3 feet deep unsure.gif. Later.

Brian