Lake Ontario Salmon

torco

Well I was lucky enough to be invited by my brother inlaw last minute to go on charter sunday morning. He works in the marine business and one of this contacts happens to be a charter boat operator on the lake and had a free day, so he took us out at no charge :thumbsup_anim:

It was a beautiful day on the water, the sun was shinning the winds were mostly out of the east and the waves were not too big. Although the fishing was slow we managed to boat 3 of 4 fish.

Here is the first fish of the day

39845_433855026624_510901624_5412401_3537943_n.jpg

It weighed in at 26lbs, not bad for my friends first ever Lake Ontario Salmon

39951_433855031624_510901624_5412402_2932068_n.jpg

Our friend continued to have a good day with his second fish even bigger at 28lbs.

40304_433855266624_510901624_5412414_6856953_n.jpg

Needless to say he was pretty pumped

The 28lber had a lamprey on it which we removed and killed. We may have actually saved this fish's life, who knows.

We caught one more it was small chinook and I was the goat of the day losing the other fish. Still what a fantastic outing.

All fish today were successfully released to swim another day. Our captain was very diligent with taking the time to properly release the fish. In terms of lures all were caught on a flasher and cut bait at about 90 feet over about 200 feet of water.

Thanks, it was a lot of fun. Growing up as kid I would spend a lot of my summer with my uncle in the Soo and we would spend a lot of that time trolling for salmon on the St.Mary's river, Lake Huron and Michigan. It reminded me of that but the fish were bigger on Sunday!

I will actually have another report in the next couple of weeks. My bro is getting married on the 14th so my relatives are coming down for the wedding so I booked a charter out on the 13th. Hopefully my uncle can get into some salmon as well because I know he doesn't fish much for them anymore and it would be really special for him.

Edited by torco