Lake Kashwakamak Report

Ben_Daniels

Just got back from a couple days at Lake Kashwakamak in the Land O Lakes area. The fishing was tough, caught a bunch a smaller bass, one eater size walleye (Tasted great), and a couple of small Pike. Last year when I was up there I caught an blue/silver pike and was told that there pretty rare...well I caught another one :clapping: I go up to lake K once or twice a year and 2 silver/blue pike in 2 trips seems like alot eh? It's a bue pike factory I tells ya! I didn't take a lot of pics but heres some...

"Got enough beer for two nights dad?"

"You're right...we should get some whiskey" :D

IMGP0176.jpg

IMGP0192.jpg

IMGP0199.jpg

IMGP0191.jpg

Blue Pike

IMGP0183.jpg

IMGP0182.jpg

Last Years Blue Pike

IMGP0058.jpg

IMGP0059.jpg

-Ben

The Steamwhistle is a great beer and a great company, I converted my dad who's been drinking Heineken for years but now prefers the Steamwhistle hands down, its only got 4 ingredients! Now that I'm looking at my pics, I'm thinking I caught the same pike two years in a row...Look at the horizontal white line by its eye... Could it be? If so catch and release sure does work!

-Ben

Great report and nice looking Blue Pike - awesome fish!

That poor fish is probably craving a cigarette now of the second hand smoke lobby has anything to say about it ;)

and

Catch & Release works . . . period. It has been proven time and time again. I'm sure I'm repeatedly catching some of the same fish, and I know for certain that I caught the same brown 3 times this spring.

Guest Johnny Bass

A fridge full of beer, salad and eggs? No wonder your so skinny!lol Looks like some really prime waters your fishing. Nice blue pike!

Edited by Johnny Bass

Nice catch.. Blue (SILVER) pike are rare.

We fish a small lake up renfrew area were we catch a few every time we go up .

I'm going up this following weekend and if I dont drownd my camera I will take some pics to share.

ill be leaving the salad at home. makes more room for beer...lol