Hunters, Anglers, Climate Change article- We have power

snag

The planets surface is warming but hell must be freezing over...........

Read:

Climate is big issue for U.S. hunters, anglers

It's about time.

"Sportsmen played a critical role in convincing Congress to protect these areas," said Kira Finkler, legislative director for Trout Unlimited.

Groups like Trout Unlimited are now directing political attention to climate change issues and policy.

A commonly cited figure used by the National Wildlife Federation is that more than 40 million Americans hunt and fish and that they spend $70 billion a year on such activities.

Guns, guides, gas, rods, licenses: it all costs money. And the numbers and the cash all add up to influence.

So we do have some power. The usual wheel greaser: Money. Lots of it.

Just think what the BPS and Sportsman show are going to do to you.

I'm optimistic that we will be forced into more beneficial conservation innitiatives.

Our passion depends on it.

Edited by snag

Snag,

Interesting article... thank you for the great read!

While I do believe in natures warming and cooling cycles... I also believe that we are destroying our planet.. and I think a combination of both is happening here... The planet is standing on a doubled edged sword right now.... unlike anything else seen in the history of our planet... a Species has the ability to effect change on a global scale....

I have read Darwin's The Origin Of Species cover to cover more then once... and we are unlike any other species on this planet.... most species adapt to change or change due to adaptation of another species or adapt due to environmental change.... Us humans are completely different.... rather then adapt and live in harmony with our planet, we destroy it to make our conditions ripe for the betterment of humanity, but to the detriment of the planet... therefor destroying ourselves

We are our own worst enemy.

Gerritt.

Gerritt,

It's frustrating to agree with your reply, verbatum.

People are sometimes quick to say it's only the natural cycle causing our warming, or that the human impact isn't that great.

Both are moot.

Even without climate change we are drastically changing our physical landscape for the worse.

Humans do have an innate ability to accept a ruined environment.

I've been to more than a few 3rd world countries to see how people continue on in an existence I would call hell.

We are ignorant, over-populated polluters.

Kind of a bummer, but it's true.

Birth control, education and a realistic standard of living are required.

S.