boat launch on Boat Lake in Bruce County

kyle7273

Hi Kyle

If one were to turn left half way up the hill going north out of wiarton and drive about five or six miles to a small conservation area .You would be there.Not a bad launch pad but park your car or truck along the road side. We parked along the treed side and were broken into .A few goodies were pinched. Hope your boat hasn't a windshield. You might not get under the small bridge.But you can allways head up river into Issac lake. Have fun Steve

Thank you Steve. I think I know that spot between the 2 lakes. I've stopped there to let the kids fish perch under the bridge. Good to know that you can get up into Isaac from there are well. I'll give it a shot on Sunday.

I've duck hunted there between Bruce rd 13, and Isac Lake in the slew along the river. There's a parking lot there. Barbless Fisher,, is that where you where broken in to?? Good to know.. Little tirds from Wiarton i bet..

We launched a canoe from there and headed north to Isac.. Didn't go south to boat lake at all..but ya, the bridge does seem very low..

Great fishing in boat lake! I have launched there several times, and never had a problem getting under the bridge with a tinny, however the water levels may be low this year... Watch for line in your prop leaving the launch as that bridge is heavily fished...

A great area, and if you are bringing along kids send them up the path over the fishing bridge at the launch. This area harbours some of the biggest bull frogs I have ever seen ( the size of chickens) even with a net they won't be able to catch them... they jump from one side of the two lane highway right to the other side. AMazing to watch!

Have Fun and enjoy!

Edited by Jen

Thanks for the information everyone. We made it into Boat Lake today, with about 3" to spare under the fishing bridge and about 8" under the bridge on 13. I have a 16 foot wide body aluminum, tiller. The lake is very shallow, only about 4 feet for the most part. The entire lake is now grown in with tall thick grass stalks. Havoc on the outboard. Caught a LM and a few SM. Nothing bigger than 14 inches. I'll try again some other time and head up into Isaac.

I'll try again some other time and head up into Isaac.

Ya I'll second Richards comment...

I was there last year, and caught a few small pike, but we did see a couple big Large mouth...spooked 'em though

Tough fishing that water as its crystal clear, and shallow so they usually see you before you see them.

Good luck though if you give it a shot.

Don't be afraid to troll the channel in...just stay high in the columb to avoid the weeds.

Cheers,