Boat from US...

skankbutta

I bought a boat from the US. I paid for all of my taxes, got the trailer inspected... Everything is good to go, however I have not had the boat ownership transferred over at a service Canada centre and have not officially picked up plates for my trailer yet (I am going to do it first thing in the morning). Right now there is a Michigan plate on the trailer.

2 Questions:

Can I transfer the plates from my old boat/trailer on to the new boat/trailer?

Also, can I take the boat out without going to a service canada centre and getting my canadian numbers?

I am hoping to take my son out tomorrow morning and don't want to ruin our day.

Thanks a lot for your help.

I bought a boat from the US. I paid for all of my taxes, got the trailer inspected... Everything is good to go, however I have not had the boat ownership transferred over at a service Canada centre and have not officially picked up plates for my trailer yet (I am going to do it first thing in the morning). Right now there is a Michigan plate on the trailer.

2 Questions:

Can I transfer the plates from my old boat/trailer on to the new boat/trailer?

If you're no longer using the old trailer, should be no problem.

Also, can I take the boat out without going to a service canada centre and getting my canadian numbers?

You're looking to snag a hefty fine without the new numbers, drop into your local Service Canada building with the paperwork and re-licence the boat, go to CTC and get 2 sets of numbers/letters, 3" in height, in a contrasting colour to the hull colour.

I am hoping to take my son out tomorrow morning and don't want to ruin our day.

Thanks a lot for your help.

You're welcome.