Bass opener Lake Erie /Upper Niagara

Alumacraft

Fish the opener and the next 2 days did okay not as great as last year, water was too warm to hold the fish shallow. Managaed too land 18 Smallies on Saturday.

Started out in the lake only got 3 in 2 hours ended up going back into the river and got 15. All fish were caught on hard baits in less than 12' of water.Heres a couple of pics.

P6260099.jpg

P6260100.jpg

Fished Sunday with my dad we ended up landing 16 Smallies fished the lake and the mouth of the river. Heres a couple of pics of my pops with some nice 4 lbers caught on tubes.

P6270105.jpg

P6270104.jpg

Fished the Navy Island area Monday ended up with 12 landed heres a few pics.

P6280107.jpg

P6280108.jpg

P6280109.jpg

All the pics of me were taken fishing solo with the selftimer on my camera on my custom made camera mount heres a pic of the mount

P5220077.jpg

22-05-10_1929.jpg

Thanks for reading Rob

The stripes on those fish are so defined ... love that! nice score, that surely beat the heck outta my opener. . lol.

again, just makes me want to run outside, gear up, and hit the water!!... Canada Day is coming soon, I think I'm calling that one a long weekend! ..

Thanks for the pics.

I like your pics thanks for the post. Great idea for the camera mount. How do you get your camera to focus before you shoot. Do you aim at a part of your boat and then reaim the camera for the shot. Thanks

LD17 the camera is set in a fixed position when on the mount it always pointed directly at the motor.When I catch a fish I turn the camera on and set it too selftimer then I push the picture button half way down till the red box on the screen focus's and turns green then I push the button fully down to start the selftimer then I simply sit in front of the motor. It might not take perfect pics but I do get decent shot.

Aaron I always have fun when I'm fishing but it's really fun when I can get out with my Dad and get him into a couple 4lbers(I have to pick my days carefully to fish with my Dad as he turned 83 this year a can not handle too rough a ride in the boat).I was expecting to see you and Barry state side this spring I fished over there every chance I got and didn't see you guys.Sorry too here about your guys show but I'm sure what ever you guys do seperately we'll be just as informative and entertianing. Good luck to both of you on your future endeavours.

Rob

Edited by Alumacraft

You had the guts to face the unpredictable weather. Drop in Barometric pressure for a potential rainy day means good fishing day, though most of us would rather fish on a dry day.

The cloudy day forecast seen from your picture tells us you made the right decision to go and it paid off.