Quick report

wuchikubo

Thank you to Nanook and Johnny Bass for your inputs on where I could look for rental boats today. The plan was to go up and see if they had any boats available however, when we arrived at B-geon's location, their sign said they'd be open at 9 am (we weren't going to wait 1hr 20mins in the vehicle staring at their guard dog) so we decided to check another location near G-narrows and were told that there wasn't any rental places close by. So we decided to fish from shore. Sunfish and little bass were constantly taunting us by jumping out the water near we had cast. We did hook up with numerous Rock Bass, some sunfish, some perch, a walleye (8 in), and some smallies, all were very small, the largest I guess was one I had caught (thinking about a pound). All were released to be caught another day. We ended up going to Young's point after lunch and spent the rest of the day (until 8pm) before heading home.

Anyways, it was a good just to get out to fish with my friend. Thanks for reading.

Stan

Guest Johnny Bass

I've had the same problem now that I am renting. There was one place that told me they don't know if the boat rentals are in til 8:30. I call at 8:30, they say they should have them, I get there and they don't have any rentals!

At least you caught some fish. I think Sunrise resort opens a 7:00am. The only thing is that the north side is a little rocky so drive slowly.