Bass Opener!!

highdrifter

Howdy!

Managed to sneak away for a coupla hours of tubbing this morning. Was invited to hit the Otonabee but couldn't commit to the whole day unfortunately. Hope the mctrio did good. :tease:

Slipped into the water around 930ish under overcast skies and a slight drizzle.. Turns out the rain wouldn't let up until I was packing er in.. And me without rain gear. I was totally drenched!!

Usually, this is a great spot to work the sludge with plastics, but the weather was perfect for fish to cruize away from their hiddy holes. The milfoil this time of year is still sparce enough to work a crank without having to smoke too much of it. And the fish in this particular pond respond well to cranks. Ended up going 3 for 6 on an lc slender pointer.

All fish were pretty decent, including this girl that was pushing the 20s.. :w00t:

IMG_1272.jpg?t=1277590413

A bit of bling to go with her too. B)

Biggest largie to come out of this hole thus far.. Released to get bigger and contribute more to the gene pool!!

cheers

HD

Fidel - Mad respect for gettin out and catchin some fatties from the float tube. I'm do damn lazy for those things! haha Even when I had my tooner I put an electric motor on it as soon as it was in the budget! :lol: You're always welcome to come out and slay some fishes in my motorized vessel.

oh yeah... and there's no better way to catch bass than with a crank bait - good work.

cheers,

ryan