sturgeon bay prov park, fishing any good?!?!

I never stayed in the Park itself but went to Pointe Au Baril for 25 years or so, but it was 20 years ago. It was a beautiful area, no idea of how much it has changed. The park is way back off the Georgian Bay, which gives you a lot of sheltered water to fish, but also has you situated in the waters that probably get the most fishing pressure?

As a kid I wandered around the waters in a 14 foot aluminum boat with a 5 hp motor on it. Slow, but better than rowing or paddling, lol motor size and boat size increased with age. The channel by Payne`s Marina is really the only way in or out by water and the boat size and amount of boat traffic going in and out increased over the years. A fairly wide channel and I am not really a fan of canoes, some of the wakes by the work boats could rock a tinny pretty good.

Never really viewed it as a numbers place for pike or skis, but enough water and a mix of it so you always had a chance at a good fish and I don`t really consider pike or skis to be a good fish until they hit 40 inches.