Bad morning at Maitland

bucktail

If you are thinking of going to Maitland for some perch this week you might want to wait a bit.

Out there from 7-12 today , caught a total of 5 perch and 20 gobies, to be honest i think we caught the most fish out of the 20 ir so boats.

I personally only saw two fish brought in this morning.

We ran down past Mohawk Island almost to Port Coborne and managed a few fish in the deep water 50-65 feet

There was about 15 boats out there with only a few fish being caught.

Bummer.

Darren

If you are thinking of going to Maitland for some perch this week you might want to wait a bit.

Out there from 7-12 today , caught a total of 5 perch and 20 gobies, to be honest i think we caught the most fish out of the 20 ir so boats.

I personally only saw two fish brought in this morning.

We ran down past Mohawk Island almost to Port Coborne and managed a few fish in the deep water 50-65 feet

There was about 15 boats out there with only a few fish being caught.

Bummer.

Darren

We were out at crystal beach at 5 am.Down riggen and jiggin, one nibbled at 50 fow.lots of small fry at the ramp and seen a couple of perch there as well.Man oh man if only bass was open.Saw a ton of them roaming around.And I mean tons of them while searching for weed beds.Saw a few schools of shiners.Very small schools.

When they leave the deep water they are heading in to feed ...guys off the west pier last night were doing well for perch ...3 days ago my family got a limit of perch outa the boat ...it's like salmon fishing hit or miss day to day ...if the Perch don't want to bite hite the river for Walleye they are on fire right now ...