Silent Lake and Bonnechere Provincial Parks

Hey all.

I'm thinking of booking weekend camping trips to Bonnechere and Silent Lake this year and wondered if anyone had fished these provincial parks?

What fish species can be caught there? Can you shore fish or do you need a boat? Boat rentals? Fishing Tips?

Also what time of year should I go for the best fishing? :Gonefishing:

I would be grateful for any advice you may have particularly on species and what time of year to go. I had thought September or October but would consider June or August if the fishing is good at that time.

Thanks for your help. :thumbsup_anim:

I stayed at Bonnechere PP a few years ago and its a beautiful park. You can rent canoes there and follow the river for miles. Try and request a site on the river. We caught a few bass but the fishing was not that great. Its a very deep lake so maybe jigging is the way to go if your after Pickeral.

Thanks for the info EddyK. Out of interest what time of year did you go to Bonnechere? I was thinking of going in September and trying for one of the river sites to get the full experience. :canadian:

Any one else got any advice for Bonnechere or Silent Lake?

I used to camp at a private campground in between Round & Golden lakes. I found the best fishing was in the Bonnechere river between these lakes. Fish below the Tramore Dam or Tramore bridge for walleyes when season first opens. You can also fish the old Deacon bridge closer to Golden lake for pike and bass.

You can also fish the old Deacon bridge closer to Golden lake for pike and bass.

Years back we used to pitch our tents on the riverbank right beside Deacons Bridge.

Lotsa good times and memories there :Gonefishing: