Had this awesome idea in carrying tackle for shore fisherman....

rbaquial

Gonna make this short and sweet.... basically, instead of carrying your typical tackle bag ... "over the shoulder" or "on the side" kinda style...

We saw dudes playin some DISC GOLF... Then we saw some of 'em carrying these sick looking bags... dunno how much they can carry in terms of weight, but would certainly

make for an awesome tackle bag...

Just wanted to know your thoughts...

Think it'd be comfortable? How much weight do you think something like that could hold? MAX?

Do you know of anything similar that exists... PRIMARILY FOR FISHMANS USE??

I want to get something like this... but just worried about its MAX WEIGHT and COMFORTABILITY??

what are your thoughts...

backpack-harness-1-n.jpg

mgds-backstrap.jpg

:Gonefishing: I just use my knapsack filled with 1-2 plano boxes and some clothes. Padded shoulder straps are a must. I find a knapsack more practical becaue it can hold much more that the one in your pic and I can use it for work/college.

edit: The one in you pic is a tactical bag? Tons of them on ebay.

They sell this type too if you want to spin it around and get to your gear easily without having to take the bag off

My link

IF I travel light I just use my fly fishing vest. Lots of pockets. Kind of hard to remember what I put in each of the pockets though. :D

Edited by Syn

When the twin strap rigs first came out for golf bags we all tried 'em and loved 'em. Made the bag feel about half the real weight which is extra good for us old farts who insist on carrying. Of course nowadays all the companies have integrated the twin straps into most carry bags which is an indication of how useful an idea it really is.

As for fishing gear I think for us creek waders a back pack is kinda awkward. Waist belts get wet, and chest packs get in the way of my casting arm. I plan ahead for my style of fishing for the day and either load up a small canvas shoulder bag from the war surplus store (preferably with an adjustable shoulder strap for deeper water) or just fill the pockets of a fishing vest. The vest is best unless the weather's warm. Yeaterday it was perfect. For stickbaits, crankbaits,spoons etc I use small plastic boxes which fit in my vest pockets. Plastics either in a box or ziplock bags held together by a snap ring. It limits the selection I can carry but for the most part I know what I'm in for that day so can choose accordingly. Hooks, leaders, floats etc go in small plastic or metal boxes that fit in the various pockets. The problem for us old farts is remembering which pocket contains which bit of gear. I'm sure you younger guys will do far less fumbling searching thru all the pockets for one little can, box or bottle.

Yesterday was my first day out wading this year and I lasted over 3 hours before my legs and butt muscles outvoted my enthusiasm. It takes a few trips up the creek to get my river legs (the ones that deal with slippery rolling rocks) back. Of course our creek perambulations seldom last more than 4 or 5 hours nowadays. I'm not sure if that's a function of our advanced years or just running out of tempting spots to wade thru.

JF

If I'm brown/brookie hunting exclusively the tackle bag is left in the car and the vest is loaded up and that is by far the most comfortable.

When the situation calls for a wider range of tackle (Bass primarily, but often pike as well) I carry an old Military backpack that I found years ago in my dad's hunting stuff. It is super comfortable, holds more than you should ever need it to (blanket for GF, Vest, extra Jeans, Shirt, socks, 3-4 Plano Boxes, Line, STL, bug spray, hardware, Extra Spool, Water Bottles, Lunch, and my other tackle like bagged soft plastics etc).

I can't really ever see myself strapping on that rig that your picture shows. It just seems excessive and over-complicated.

If you're just carrying everything you own, it might be a good way to start, but I would suggest going to anywhere that carry old military backpacks and picking one up. I doubt I'll go back.