Beaver Porblem Solved!!

krawler

Thanks for all the replies/possible solutions about a month ago. Just to recap the beaver was living under my dock but just made a nest to sit on like a birds nest not like a big beaver dam. Years past MNR told me to shoot them if you cant find a reasonable way of removing them from your property. Dont own a gun and dont know anyone who does. Im only up on weekends and i began seeing the damage to my trees that i planted when i was a kid, made me furious!!

I tried coating the nest with tar, the beaver liked it. tried putting rocks on nest and entrance, beaver found a way in. I spread coyote and human urine all over the place to scare it away, didnt work. ALso tried to find foul odours, like cayenne pepper, gas, etc. Nothing seemed to work and since i was only up on weekends i could only imagine how much damage he was doing during the week.

Whenever i saw it i threw rocks at it but it always came back.

Solution: one day i crept on to the dock, without the beaver noticing. I had placed a few large rocks on the edge of the dock a few days before. I stood above the entrance to the dock made some noise and dropped the rocks on the beaver, not enough to kill or injure it (at least i dont think so). The thing took off like a bullet and i havnt seen it since.

Solution was quite simple. lol

once again thanks for everyones input.

krawler

Read about your problem, interesting to say the least.

A few years back I had a skunk under my shed and set up home, she was coming and going from the back of my property and the shed was close to the fence line. Nothing scared her, pet hair etc.

I blocked it so she couldn't come into the yard, rigged up a siren (battery powered) so when she entered or left the den it would go off; usually at 10 pm and then at 6 am, nothing moved her until I drilled a hole in the floor an poured vinegar into it; she stayed about two days (the siren told me), I guess just enough time to move the kids! Never did come back but the den was plugged with steel mesh!

Hope your friend finds a good home.