Port Loring and Arnstein

cmelnyk2

Hey the members, any help would be great.

I dont do alot of posting but, I do read these forums each day. Alot of very good post. Thanks for them.

I am heading up to Port Loring and Arnstein in a couple of weeks for fishing. It is my friends families hunting cabin. There is 12 of us going and none of us have fished the area. Can anyone please give me some insight on the fishing up there in this area. We are not right on water, but we are less then 1 mile to it.

What catching? (Weekend of 29th)

What bait?

Trolling?

Drifting?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hey the members, any help would be great.

I dont do alot of posting but, I do read these forums each day. Alot of very good post. Thanks for them.

I am heading up to Port Loring and Arnstein in a couple of weeks for fishing. It is my friends families hunting cabin. There is 12 of us going and none of us have fished the area. Can anyone please give me some insight on the fishing up there in this area. We are not right on water, but we are less then 1 mile to it.

What catching? (Weekend of 29th)

What bait?

Trolling?

Drifting?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

There is bass walleye pike and lakers, maybe a muskie to be had along the way. Bass is closed until late june so just the rest are open. Clear lake in Arnstein and wilson lake offer good oppertunities as well as french river.

good luck

Thanks for that. I do alot of fishing for trout on G Bay. Are the lakes deep? Would you recommend I take the riggers?

Any other help from any other members would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

There is bass walleye pike and lakers, maybe a muskie to be had along the way. Bass is closed until late june so just the rest are open. Clear lake in Arnstein and wilson lake offer good oppertunities as well as french river.

good luck

You might want to try Caribou for lake trout I have never been there but lots of people go there just for the lakers.Wilson also so has lake trout but not great numbers.You will need to read the regs carefully as you are right on the dividing line between zones 10 and 15-hwy522 .There are some differences in what is open and what is not.Down riggers would be useful as Wilson has 90-100feet of water along the south shore cliffs. PM me if you need more and I can find out from some of the locals as I am living at White Birches Camp for the Summer(across the lake from Loring).

vance