French River Info

mattybculp

• 3 weeks later...

You and me both my friend..where abouts u fish ? I regularly fish the north end near the old Keystone Lodge and located on Elliot Island.. fish 'round that area and in Hunter's and Harris' bays mostly..u been up yet this year ? I'm heading up a week today..if you havent made it by then I can give u some info .

You and me both my friend..where abouts u fish ? I regularly fish the north end near the old Keystone Lodge and located on Elliot Island.. fish 'round that area and in Hunter's and Harris' bays mostly..u been up yet this year ? I'm heading up a week today..if you havent made it by then I can give u some info .

went out this weekend on nipissing and the water temp was 58 degrees

I know its like pulling teeth trying to get some info off ppl, but i may chalk that up too the fact of so much crown land that there isnt as much pressure and ppl fishing as the other main bodies of water. Even though there are plenty of fishing lodges on the french. This is my first year to the french. in past years i have been hitting up opening pike on georgian bay but this year we decided to push it back a month or so. We are heading to wolseley lodge in the middle french section through noelville. I have tried to find as much info as possible on the net and via contact with the owner but its been tough to say the least. I however have spoken with the owner of wolseley lodge with regards to water level and the fact nipissing is so low, he assured me that water levels in the middle french were already at summer fishing levels and that it wouldnt be an issue. I dont know exactly seemings the ministry website says it could be down as much as a meter and a half. I would appreciate any info you might have to share with me when you get back especially water temp, water level , stucture fish are relating to ..... you know all that info a fisherman could want . Anyways look forward to your reply .

Got this e-mail from Crane's Lochaven Lodge (not far from Wolsley) yesterday:

Not to worry, there is plenty of water. I really can't comment on the fishing as we do not open until Friday and have not had time to get any lines in the water. I will tell you that Ed and Eric have seen plenty of pike and there are some bass spawning around the boat house.

Sounds like the pike are still shallow.