Cancer Society Fund Raiser

Jewelbee

Hi Guys,

Rick O and I have a friend with 2 young(4&7yr old) boys that have let their hair grow long so that they can cut it to donate for wigs for chemo patients. They are doing a fund raiser for Cancer and have a goal of only $300.00. Anybody out there willing to help? I think this horrible disease has touched all of us at some point. Anything you might want to give...(no matter how small) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot For checking this out. Happy fishing!!!

Click the link to make your donations.

http://convio.cancer.ca/site/TR/Thirdpartyevent/IFE_ON_CommunityPartnerships_?px=1685079&pg=personal&fr_id=6600&fl=en_CA&et=7sq1OEchie2YP23i9W9lFA..&s_tafId=131002

Edited by Jewelbee

Great cause. Since loosing her grandmother (my mother) to cancer in 05, my daughter has done this twice, all at her own initiative. She heard about it and said whe wanted to do it. This last nine months a ittle neighbourhood boy of 4 has been fighting luekemia. The great news, thanks to programs like this, and the funds they raise he has beat it and looks to have a full life ahead of him

As for my daughter - right after her last cut she declared she was going to do it again.

donation done. Way to go girls!

Okay.. they're now over the top of their goal, but it doesn't mean that you/we can't keep giving. It would be hard to believe that nobody here hasn't been touched by this disease and no matter where/to whom you give it goes to the same cause... to find a way to defeat it!

I lost my father to Cancer way back in '86 (he was 59). Have lost my favourite Aunt and many others since, BUT I gave because I can't stand seeing a boy with his hair that long... lol

Okay.. they're now over the top of their goal, but it doesn't mean that you/we can't keep giving. It would be hard to believe that nobody here hasn't been touched by this disease and no matter where/to whom you give it goes to the same cause... to find a way to defeat it!

I lost my father to Cancer way back in '86 (he was 59). Have lost my favourite Aunt and many others since, BUT I gave because I can't stand seeing a boy with his hair that long... lol

Thank you so much! I also lost my step mom to lung cancer 12 yrs ago. I'm so grateful that cancer research has given me Rick :)