Detroit River First Timer

hawk-eye

Hey yall, Ill bee headding down to windsor for my sisters wedding on saturday so I figure Ill drag the boat down and giver a shot on the big DR friday. Anyone have any ideas what this rainy week will do to the water in that area? Im probably gonna drop the boat in in LaSalle and try arround the island. Any locals who could share some areas to start your imput would be greatly appreiciated.

Now I hear a vertical presintaion is key for these Wallies, would this technique be similar to boat drifting the Niagara river for trout? Currious to know if boat controll is similar if not the same in these two rivers.

Im gonna show up armed with a bunch of jig heads but what is the preferd bait here? Plastics, live, worms? Also are stingers needed here?

In advance thanks for your help and Ill let yas know how I made out.

Hawk, Use 1/2 to 3/4 oz jigs depending on the wind and your abilities with the trolling motor. Try the red bouy on the NE side of fighting isle. There's a drop of that run generally towards the tall yellow bouy ~1/4 km upriver. Another good spot is the loading docks up river ~km or 2. There's a sign on the shore that says "don't drop anchor", start downriver from the sign. Good luck I got this by the island.