polorized classes

white007

hi guys every year i go out and buy 10-20 dollar pair of polorizes and yes they are broken in the same. Now i dont expect more than a year out of them but is there a difference between a pair 4 20- and than a pair 4 like say 60. Also does anyone no what are the best colours 4 the weather conditions 4 example at dusk where yellow tinted. If anyone has any input it would help on my purchase this year thanks in advance

shaun

I just purchased some cheapies to use for $10 My link

I purchased based on features rather than style. Wanted polarized, light weight, big comfortable nose piece, wrap around because peripheral sunlight bugs me, and one lense between my eyes rather than 2pcs lens for easier viewing.

I don't think you can fairly compare them to a more expensive pair made with better materials, scratch proof lenses, etc. I tend to lose them and scratch them easily in various sports, so I view my sunglasses as a disposable item. I learned my lesson when I ended up breaking a $60 pair.

I'm also assuming more expensive glasses are made with higher tolerances, ans give better contrast, clarity etc, but I also think some of the expensive glasses such as Nike for $160 is you paying extra for that logo.

youtube video for the differences in lenses colour. I read red lenses are useless, yellow great for target practice, light brown for driving and golf. Also watched a video of an optometrist saying blue lenses are more for fashion than functionality.

I ended up getting the light grey %15 penetration which seems standard. Was wishing for a 12% for extremely bright days.

Edited by Syn

Just make sure they're polarized. Non polarized sunglasses will only damage your eyes.

that's incorrect, polarization is good for seeing the fishies and what they are planning lol.

UV protection will protect your eyes from damage. So look for UV a and UV B protection eg UV400

If they made some really good sunglasses for clarity and contrast (that I would say "wow" when looking through) for say $50 that meets the features I want, that would be a good fishing investment pair for me.

I already have a few more expensive fashion sunglasses that I use that I treat much better than my sport/fishing sunglasses.

Edited by Syn

I just purchased some cheapies to use for $10 My link

I purchased based on features rather than style. Wanted polarized, light weight, big comfortable nose piece, wrap around because peripheral sunlight bugs me, and one lense between my eyes rather than 2pcs lens for easier viewing.

I don't think you can fairly compare them to a more expensive pair made with better materials, scratch proof lenses, etc. I tend to lose them and scratch them easily in various sports, so I view my sunglasses as a disposable item. I learned my lesson when I ended up breaking a $60 pair.

I'm also assuming more expensive glasses are made with higher tolerances, ans give better contrast, clarity etc, but I also think some of the expensive glasses such as Nike for $160 is you paying extra for that logo.

youtube video for the differences in lenses colour. I read red lenses are useless, yellow great for target practice, light brown for driving and golf. Also watched a video of an optometrist saying blue lenses are more for fashion than functionality.

I ended up getting the light grey %15 penetration which seems standard. Was wishing for a 12% for extremely bright days.

thanks 4 all of your repleys

i have several pairs of Foster grant polarized uva/uvb 400 ,

that i bought at a clearance center for $2.50ea or 5 pair for $10

and they work great, cause i tend to loose a lot of glasses.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~keep your mouth shut Tracker~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~LOL

:tease:

try looking at Costco, they have a couple of pairs there with interchangeable lens's for around

$50.

3 lens ones and a 4 lens pair.

MikeTheBassFisher

Check Out The Company Called "COCOONS" they got various sizes that can fit over your perscription glasses comfortably.

Price is pretty decent I think i paid mine for 45 bucks after taxes.

I've heard that brown tint rather than grey works better in water. Any truth to this?

I've used light brown before but I can't seem to get use to them. :dunno:

Anyhow many people love the light brown over grey. http://www.dicksspor...egoryId=1179922

"Brown Considered by many to be the best all-around tint for fishing. Provides excellent contrast and true color perception. Great for shallow water stream and flats fishing in medium to bright light."

Also http://www.bassdozer...unglasses.shtml

"A Word about Color.

The orangish amber lenses are not the most stylish color, but they are the optimum lenses for fishing in broad daylight - at least for my eyes. This color cuts the sunlight's glare, and gives you the ability to see under the cover of the water's reflective surface. They offer high contrast and improved depth perception. You can see clearer and with less distortion. Glare and haze that normally blur our field of underwater view are neutralized. Most importantly, anything green, including old moss back, will stick out like a sore thumb against a non-green background.

For general boating, fishing muddy water or deep water, a neutral gray lens is more attractive and more functional than amber. Optically, a gray lens provides uniform absorption of most colors in the spectrum. Grey creates neither color distortion nor enhancement. Gray provides an accurate, precise shading for your eyes on the most brilliant of sunny days."

Edited by Syn

I had a pair of Action Optics once but after they went for a swim I have opted to go with cheaper glasses that I can easily replace. Rapala makes pretty decent cheap polaroids -- the ones that I have now are comfortable and actually look pretty good. They are called "Sportsman's Polarized Fishing Sport Glasses".

For years I swore by grey lenses but when friends were able to spot fish that I wasn't, I manned up and went with brown lenses. They don't look as good in my opinion but I find they work alot better for contrast/fish spotting.

i wear oakley half jackets in titanium and i'm pretty sure i look damn cool. i also have a 15 buck pair of rapalas in case something happens or to lend. i can see way better, with more comfort, and more protection with the oakleys. i keep them on the boat, in a hard case, in the glove box. managed to keep them for two seasons now. obviously heavy on the pocket book, but i use my eyes almost all the time when i'm fishing and boating. and did i mention i look damn cool????

Smally, Oakleys are so sweet.

If I win a lottery I'd get

http://oakley.ca/custom/radar

Your custom Radar® order contains:

Frame: True Carbon Fiber

Lens: Black Iridium Range

Etching: Ontario Fishing (Font: SCRIPTANA)

Lens: Gold Iridium Range

Icon: Polished Black

Earsock: Black

All sales of Oakley Custom Product are final. No refunds, exchanges or cancellations will be accepted.

Usually ships in 7-10 days

Remove $400.00 $400.00

that's incorrect, polarization is good for seeing the fishies and what they are planning lol.

UV protection will protect your eyes from damage. So look for UV a and UV B protection eg UV400

If they made some really good sunglasses for clarity and contrast (that I would say "wow" when looking through) for say $50 that meets the features I want, that would be a good fishing investment pair for me.

I already have a few more expensive fashion sunglasses that I use that I treat much better than my sport/fishing sunglasses.

I meant that non polarized sun glasses at that price level will dilate your pupils while at the same time allowing more UV rays in (the cheap ones won't block them out).

I meant that non polarized sun glasses at that price level will dilate your pupils while at the same time allowing more UV rays in (the cheap ones won't block them out).

I've never read anything regarding polarized vs non polarized in UV protected sunglasses VS eye dilation. Any link for us?

I know the darker the lenses the more your eye dilates, but everyone knows that.

edit Did find this: http://www.spectacle.../products05.htm

Well I learned something new today, thanks Mykester. First part is common sense, but if I'm reading it right, it seems polarization adds an extra level of protection on top of UV protection and helps to reduce eye strain (less squinting and glare reduction). I know I've had that after a full day of fishing!

"Tint vs. Polarized

Although darkly tinted sunglasses may reduce brightness, they do not remove glare like a polarized lens. In addition, dark sunglasses without added ultraviolet protection may cause more damage to the patient's eyes than not wearing sunglasses at all. The darkness of the lens can cause the pupil to dilate, letting more ultraviolet rays into the inner parts of the eye. Polarized lenses solve both problems by eliminating glare and filtering out harmful ultraviolet light because the filter reduces the polarized glare and also has ultraviolet absorbing properties.

Today's polarized lenses represent the best sunwear and outdoor lifestyle options available. With a little explanation and demonstration on your part, your patients will enjoy the benefits of these lenses for years to come.

Advantages of Polarized Lenses

Features

• Filters glare
  • Enhances contrast
  • Reduces squinting
  • Constant density tints
  • Backside AR compatibility
  • Tintable and coatable
  • Lightweight
  • Thin

Benefits

• Reduces eyestrain, greater comfort
  • Improves visual acuity, provides safety
  • Eyes feel rested
  • Realistic perception
  • Reduces reflections and enhances visual clarity
  • Certain lens materials can be darkened and provides limitless colour options
  • Comfortable Attractive-looking sunwear"

Edited by Syn