Might be a dumb question, but

Dutchy

JJcanoe and I were fishing yesterday and the topic of fishing near the falls came up, ie, he used to and I would like to.

Sooooooooooo, are you allowed to fish next to the maid of the mist launch on the Canadian side of the falls or as JJ suspects, have they stopped allowing people to do that now? I have seen TV programs with people hauling out huge bass there and would love to try it.

I fear I missed the boat on this (no pun intended :whistling: :whistling: )

I d imagine theres so good fishing there, that river is just full of fish, im sure theres some steel head up there right now, and yea in the summer should be good for bass. Another option is the whirlpool just down stream, its a bit of a hike to get to and u have to fish from the rocks but lots of ppl do it and its really nice down there. THe cool thing is u never know wat ur gonna catch. Last summer i was there late july, I saw 2 sturgens right next to shore swimming in the rocks, watched them for a few minutes really cool fish. And then later (i was fishing for bass btw) after having plenty of follows but not catching one something huge takes my spoon and im thinking musky? Wrong it was a big old steel head and i managed to land it and it was one of the biggest fish i ve ever caught. So yea i d recomend giving that a shot if not the falls themselves.

mmmmm, I might just have to go and try. Maybe I can buy the security guards off with donuts....... :dunno:

And yes, I defo am planning a trip to the whirlpool, likely with JJcanoe. I heard a rumour they put new stairs making it easier to get down there.

Edited by Dutchy

mmmmm, I might just have to go and try. Maybe I can buy the security guards off with donuts....... :dunno:

And yes, I defo am planning a trip to the whirlpool, likely with JJcanoe. I heard a rumour they put new stairs making it easier to get down there.

lol dont be fooled still is one heck of a walk. It did make it a little easier though. I would just try IMO Ive been kicked out numerous times but have been able to fish there many times over and over. So Rick is bang on. Just depends on the security guard.

lol dont be fooled still is one heck of a walk. It did make it a little easier though. I would just try IMO Ive been kicked out numerous times but have been able to fish there many times over and over. So Rick is bang on. Just depends on the security guard.

Oh I am under no illusions to the walk down. More the walk back I am dreading lol. Especially if you have any decent trout or salmon in the bag.