Skunked on the mighty St. Lawrence

canuckjack

Well the title says it all, first time out and got skunked. Tried pretty much every depth from 10 FOW to 80+

I was using micro tubes drop shot style...where the heck are those perch? :dunno:

It was great to be out on the water though. The boat ran great, and I had a lot of fun with the new Humminbird. First time using a fish finder and it was pretty amazing to cover spots I was in last year and realize I really had no clue how much water I was fishing in.

I did see a beast of a carp floundering on the surface with something that looked like an eel (heck if I know what it was) clamped onto one of its bottom fins.

Hopefully I'll have a better report the next time out.

Thats cool man. Welcome to fishing!! Be prepared to be broke....lol

Its worth every minute.

Sorry I wasnt trying to call you out in the pervious post, when I re-read it I realized it kinda sounded like that.

Cheers.

Woo Hoo, that is great news to hear. I was out yesterday on the Larry as well and caught the same thing. Zip Zero Nadda, not even a nibble. It's nice to know I wasn't the only one. Sure was nice to get out though. Better luck next time.

Thats cool man. Welcome to fishing!! Be prepared to be broke....lol

Its worth every minute.

Sorry I wasnt trying to call you out in the pervious post, when I re-read it I realized it kinda sounded like that.

Cheers.

No worries Rock, didn't take it that way at all. Yeah I'm starting to notice the money adding up, but as long as the Mrs. doesn't we'll be ok :)

Woo Hoo, that is great news to hear. I was out yesterday on the Larry as well and caught the same thing. Zip Zero Nadda, not even a nibble. It's nice to know I wasn't the only one. Sure was nice to get out though. Better luck next time.

Hey, you're right, it is nice to know I wasn't the only one :whistling: