Taking the Via Train (NF)

scugpg

Hi all - I'm planning on taking the train a bit more this summer mostly on the London-Oshawa corridor but also thinking of a trip up to Kenora area and back this summer.

I see that Via now has last minute deals I'm keeping an eye on. Just wondering if anyone might have some leads to get better prices on tickets. Feel free to reply or shoot me a PM.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by scugog

VIA rail is pretty set on their fee structure. So sites like the last minute clubs etc.. won't help.

They do offer seasonal specials, multi passes, hopper passes every so often for summer travellers. Just have to keep checking the VIA site. Deals do book up fast.

You will not be able to get to Kenora by VIA, they haven't gone there since 1989.. You can get close getting off at Redditt.

See if you can get a BIzPass from London to Oshawa, that will save you $$$$.

David aka Superdad

Retired VIA RAIL

Edited by superdad

You will not be able to get to Kenora by VIA, they haven't gone there since 1989.. You can get close getting off at Redditt.

See if you can get a BIzPass from London to Oshawa, that will save you $$$$.

David aka Superdad

Retired VIA RAIL

Hi David - sorry I should've been more clear. Looking to travel to Nestor Falls / Fort Frances area....Reditt or Minaki was the stop we had planned and get picked up there. Also considered taking the AMTrak to Fargo, ND and going from there.

Thanks for the heads up on the Bizpass.